2018 Corporate Law Handbook: revealing new opportunities for business in Ukraine
Ukrainian corporate law has undergone a significant transformation over the past few years. To navigate our clients in exploring new opportunities, we prepared the Corporate Law Handbook containing a brief overview of current legal framework governing joint stock companies (JSCs) and limited liability companies (LLCs) and highlighting recent developments in corporate law as well as their positive impact on business.
You are kindly welcomed to access the Handbook.
The new laws may open the door for notable positive changes in the business if you decide to:
- make your JSC actually private and get rid of additional formalities;
- reduce debt burden of your LLC by way of debt-to-equity swap;
- enhance corporate governance of your LLC and benefit from application various instruments used in the most developed jurisdictions of the world;
- agree with your partner on management of your joint business in a shareholders’ agreement under Ukrainian law;
- establish control over management of your LLC by creating a supervisory board;
- acquire full control of your JSC by “squeezing-out” the minority shareholders; or
- participate in a transparent privatisation process.
We hope that reading our Handbook will allow you to reveal new opportunities provided by the recent legislative developments.
For more details please contact Vladimir Sayenko or Oleksandr Nikolaichyk.