Nazar Chernyavsky, partner, specializes in banking, capital markets, secured and structured finance. Mr Chernyavsky advises clients on a wide range of major private and public securities offerings, syndications and secured finance transactions. He has extensive experience of handling the most complex financing projects in the Ukrainian market, which include the first securitizations in Ukraine, Rule 144A share offerings, Tier II Eurobond offerings, UAH linked LPN issues, etc. Prior to joining Sayenko Kharenko, Mr Chernyavsky worked for the leading Ukrainian law firms.
Mr Chernyavsky combines his professional expertise in cross-border finance and capital markets with a unique understanding of the transactional aspects of intellectual property law. He helped to create tax-efficient IP holding structures in Ukraine and handled complex projects providing for the transfer of IP rights and setting up IP-related businesses. In particular, he is considered one of the top lawyers in the IT sector in Ukraine, advising investors and start-ups on various issues of their operations.
- recognized among the world’s leading experts by Who’s Who Legal: Telecommunications Media & Technology 2017;
- named among leading lawyers by Who’s Who Legal: Banking 2017;
- named Lawyer of the Year in Banking and Finance by Legal Awards 2015, Yuridicheskaya Practika;
- recognized among leading lawyers in Ukraine in Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Restructuring, Information Technologies, Telecommunications & Media, and Energy & Natural Resources by Ukrainian Law Firms 2016 compilation by Yuridicheskaya Practika, the leading legal publishing house in Ukraine;
- recognized in Banking and Finance by Chambers Global 2017;
- named among leading individuals in Banking and Finance and Capital Markets by The Legal 500, 2017;
- named among leading lawyers in Ukraine in Banking, Capital Markets and Project Finance by IFLR1000, 2017;
- recognized in Banking and Finance, Capital Markets and Restructuring/Insolvency by Chambers Europe 2017;
- named among leading lawyers in Ukraine in Banking and Finance and Capital Markets by Expert Guides 2016;
- recognized among leading lawyers in Ukraine in Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate, M&A, Project Finance and Development Practice and Structured Finance law by Best Lawyers International 2017.
Professional membership and involvement:
- Outreach Enabling Technology Officer of the IBA's Technology Law Committee;
- Member of the Board of the UBA Committee on Banking, Finance and Insurance Law.
- Master of Laws degree from Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University School of International Law;
- Intercollegiate LL.M. program at Queen Mary College of the University of London.