Dr Tatyana Slipachuk, partner, is the Head of International Arbitration and International Trade Practice Groups at Sayenko Kharenko.
Mrs Slipachuk has market-leading experience of handling the most sophisticated arbitration cases in various capacities including serving as party appointed arbitrator, sole arbitrator, the chairman of the arbitral tribunal, and a legal advisor to a party. Mrs Slipachuk handled over 70 arbitrations in over 10 jurisdictions. Mrs Slipachuk is a Chartered Arbitrator, an AAA neutral, listed as an arbitrator in major international arbitral institutions, which gives Dr Slipachuk an unprecedented insight into the proceedings of national arbitration institutions of foreign jurisdictions.
Dr Slipachuk’s extensive experience in international trade law includes developing and negotiating trade contracts, handling complex trade finance transactions, advising on the applications of WTO laws, and acting for parties to trade investigations.
- awarded an honourable title “The Honoured Lawyer of Ukraine”;
- named Arbitration and Mediation Lawyer of the Year in Ukraine by Best Lawyers International 2017;
- named among leading lawyers in International Arbitration and Trade law by Best Lawyers International 2017;
- named among leading lawyers by Who’s Who Legal: Arbitration 2017;
- recognised No. 1 in International Arbitration and International Trade according to Ukrainian Law Firms 2016 compilation by Yuridicheskaya Practika, the leading legal publishing house in Ukraine;
- recommended as one of Ukraine’s leading lawyers by all major local and international directories (Chambers Global 2017; Chambers Europe 2017; The Legal 500, 2017; Who's Who of Trade & Customs Lawyers 2016; Who's Who of Arbitration Lawyers 2015; Legal Awards by Yuridicheskaya Practika; Expert Guides; and Who's Who Legal: CIS 2011 in Trade & Customs).
Professional membership and involvement:
Dr. Slipachuk is a listed arbitrator at:
- Maritime Arbitration Commission at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- International Arbitral Center of the Federal Economic Chamber of Austria;
- International Arbitration Court of the Kyrgyzian Chamber of Commerce;
- Arbitration Court of the Economic and Agrarian Chambers of the Czech Republic;
- Permanent Court of Arbitration of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Slovenia;
- International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation;
- Singapore International Arbitration Center;
- Court of Arbitration at the Polish Chamber of Commerce;
- Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration.
Dr. Slipachuk has been elected:
- President of the Ukrainian Arbitration Association;
- Vice Chair of the International Bar Association's Arbitration Committee for 2012;
- Chartered Arbitrator of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators;
- Member of the Ukrainian Association of International Law;
- National expert for Ukraine of the International Distribution Institute;
- Member of the European Arbitration Group at the International Chamber of Commerce;
- Vice Chairman of the Arbitration Chamber of Ukraine.
- LL.D. in Business Law and Arbitration from Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv Law School;
- Degree in Law from Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv.