Volodymyr Yaremko is a senior associate at Sayenko Kharenko specializing in providing legal support in multi-jurisdictional disputes in the national courts and under the procedures of international commercial and investment arbitration.
Volodymyr has substantial experience in representing clients in arbitration proceedings under arbitration rules of various arbitral institutions, including International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC), London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), Vienna International Arbitration Center (VIAC) and International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ICAC at the UCCI) as well as in ad hoc arbitration.
Volodymyr also has significant experience in representing clients' interests in cross-border debt recovery proceedings, including by way of obtaining Worldwide Freezing Order at the High Court of Justice in London and enforcement of foreign court judgments and arbitral awards in Ukraine and abroad. In particular, his experience includes advising clients in litigation and arbitration proceedings related to such jurisdictions as Austria, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Cyprus, Hong Kong, Germany, Latvia, Moldova, the Netherlands, Panama, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland and the UK.
Volodymyr is also well-acquainted with peculiarities of arbitrations in specific areas of industries, namely in construction disputes under FIDIC forms of contracts, as well as in commodities arbitrations (GAFTA and FOSFA).
- Ivan Franko Lviv National University (Ukraine)
- Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich (Germany)
- John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin (Poland)
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (USA)
Membership in professional associations:
- Ukrainian Bar Association (Board member of the Litigation Committee)
- Ukrainian Arbitration Association (Board member)
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb, Committee member of the European Branch)
- HKIAC Tribunal Secretaries Accreditation Programme (successful completion of the programme)
- ICC YAF (Regional Representative 2014-2017)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
- ICDR Y&I, YIAG, ASA40, YAAP and YSIAC