Sayenko Kharenko has an established reputation as the leading capital markets firm in Ukraine. We represent both underwriters and local issuers on the full range of debt and equity securities offerings in Ukraine and abroad.
The Firm provides legal advice on the following products in capital markets:
- local and international debt offerings
- IPOs, private placements and secondary offerings
- convertible bonds and other equity linked products
- structured products and securitisation
We have unique experience in structuring and executing the most innovative and complex transactions in the market involving a wide range of Ukrainian issuers, including the Ukrainian state, municipalities, state-owned and private banks and corporates.
Our team has played key role in developing many of the structures that are now used by Ukrainian issuers in international capital markets transactions. In particular, we have handled:
- the first Ukrainian securitization
- the first direct issue of Eurobond by a Ukrainian company
- the first MTN programs by Ukrainian banks
- the first subordinated debt placements and restructurings by Ukrainian banks
- the first local currency denominated LPN issues
- the first index-linked transactions
We enjoy strong working relationships with the Ukrainian Securities and Stock Market Commission (SEC), the National Bank of Ukraine and other regulators in the area, allowing us to offer our clients valuable insight into their policy and practices. Our lawyers have extensively advised the SEC on various regulatory matters and drafted securities legislation, particularly, in the areas of derivatives, debt placements and insider trading.