Corporate and M&A
Sayenko Kharenko is widely recognized as having the country's leading corporate and M&A practice. We have more than 30 lawyers specialising in complex cross-border stock and asset acquisitions, corporate restructurings, privatization, and joint ventures.
M&A work is the core of our corporate practice
Our M&A team is the market leader by the volume of M&A transactions handled annually over the last four years. We have handled the largest deals in Ukraine representing strategic and financial acquirers, majority and minority sellers.
We have extensive expertise in M&A transactions in banking, insurance, metallurgy, telecommunications, electricity, oil and gas, food and other industry sectors. Within the framework of M&A transactions we often advise on antitrust matters, tax structuring and tax planning, currency control, securities laws, labour law, personal data protection legislation, as well as on the specifics of the Ukrainian anti-corruption legal and regulatory framework.
Sayenko Kharenko lawyers deliver seamless legal advice on the following issues of corporate law:
- establishing of corporations including banks, investment funds and financial institutions
- corporate governance issues
- drafting charters, shareholder agreements, internal regulations and policies
- formation and operation of joint ventures, including those pertinent to oil and gas exploration, development and production
- executive compensation issues, including employee stock option plans
Our attorneys have been extensively involved in legislative developments, drafting and developing the Securities Act (2006), the Joint Stock Companies Law (2009), and various Ukrainian Securities Commission regulations, including the Principles of Corporate Governance, model internal regulations for companies, corporate and municipal bonds disclosure requirements.