Sayenko Kharenko criminal defence team consists of experienced litigators recognized for their ability to settle the most challenging cases and deep understanding of all subtle factors of criminal law. Prior to joining the firm, most of them worked in law enforcement agencies.
Sayenko Kharenko lawyers provided technical support in implementing and monitoring the implementation of the new Code of Criminal Procedure of Ukraine. The unparalleled practical skills, profound expertise, comprehensive understanding of specific aspects of doing business in Ukraine and impeccable quality of legal services are key factors of success of Sayenko Kharenko criminal defence team in effective preventing of criminal risks and successful defence of clients in criminal proceedings.
We advise foreign and local clients on all aspects of criminal proceedings, including the most challenging, and provide high-quality advocacy services any time they client may need them. Our attorneys gained reputation as reliable litigators in criminal proceedings containing sensitive information which constitutes a state secret.
- Providing a full-scale legal support during checks and inspections by supervisory authorities;
- Analysing business activities in terms of compliance with requirements of Ukrainian criminal law; issuing opinions on potential risks (analysing the counterparty's activity);
- Conducting its own legal investigations;
- Advising on potential corruption risks related to appointment to or holding of some offices or conducting some activities (e.g. participation in public procurement);
- Briefing and advising, drafting ad hoc instructions on actions and conduct by the client's officials and employees during investigative actions.
- Protecting client’s interests during the pre-trial investigation in criminal proceedings;
- Providing full-scale defence services to the client (or – when so required – its officials) during criminal proceedings in courts of all levels.