Our team advises foreign and local clients on a broad range of matters related to investing into and enforcing intellectual property rights in Ukraine, such as registering, licensing, and selling IP assets, and resolution of IP related disputes.
We are experienced in handling all types of intellectual property, including copyright, trademarks, and patents, and our attorneys are familiar with industry specific issues in advertising, mass media, telecommunications, IT and software, pharmaceuticals, and tobacco.
We will offer advice at all stages of the life cycle of IP rights.
Create and Register
- We register copyright, domain names, trademarks, and patent inventions, utility models, and industrial designs, including through international procedures.
- Our team will prepare the documentation necessary for the rights to flow from software developers, inventors and other creators to ultimate right holders.
- Our lawyers investigate conflicting IP protected in Ukraine.
- We can also secure the recognition of a trademark as well known in Ukraine.
Commercialize and Exploit
- We are experienced in structuring transactions involving intellectual property.
- Our lawyers will negotiate and draft licensing, transfer, and franchising agreements.
- Our team will help with IP tax planning and optimization.
- We handle IP audits and due diligence of IP assets.
- We can also support and manage IP portfolios on a day-to-day basis.
Protect and Enforce
- We represent clients in Ukrainian commercial and administrative courts and the State Intellectual Property Authority of Ukraine, as well as in mediation and arbitration.
- Our lawyers handle unfair competition cases and represent clients in the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine, the Ukrainian antitrust authority.
- We can also register IP rights with the State Customs Service of Ukraine to have infringing goods seized at the border.