Labour and Compliance
Sayenko Kharenko is the only law firm in Ukraine to have labour and compliance practice, which emerged from the firms’ labour and employment practice and its niche privacy/data protection and anti-corruption/anti-bribery practice groups. Our labour and compliance practice is headed by an internationally recognized expert in all of the above areas of law. This allows us to handle simultaneously multiple projects, including large compliance projects requiring combined legal advice from the experts of our labour/employment, privacy/data protection and anti-corruption/anti-bribery practice groups.
Our labour and compliance team is recognized for their business oriented, state-of-the-art and user-friendly approach to all matters.
The team’s mission is raising standards in serving consumers of the labour/employment law and compliance advice by providing legal services of outstanding quality efficiently and professionally, striving to meet clients’ business needs.
Our motto is working together with a client in developing workable solutions to identified legal issues.
Sayenko Kharenko labour/employment team specializes in all areas of labour and employment law. In cooperation with our experts of privacy/data protection and anti-corruption practice groups, it provides a wide range of legal services to address the clients’ needs, including:
- drafting sophisticated employment agreements/contracts, job descriptions, and other related documentation for CEOs, top management and other staff, as well as internal personnel policies and procedures, and collective bargaining agreements;
- developing local corporate data protection legislation compliance programs and preparing data protection policies and respective template employment agreement provisions and other data protection documentation;
- developing know-how compliance programs and anti-corruption rules implementation plans so they meet major requirements of the multinational groups affected by the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and the the UK Bribery Act 2010 (UKBA), while being adjusted to the Ukrainian regulatory, employment and business environment;
- complex employee dismissals, including for violating FCPA/UKBA/Ukrainian anti-corruption laws;
- advising on redundancies and mass layoffs due to employer’s liquidation or business restructuring;
- advising on all aspects of engaging foreign labour;
- obtaining working permits and service cards for foreign employees and assisting them with various immigration law issues (e.g., obtaining D-type visas, temporary residence permits, permanent residence permits, etc.);
- compliance with the Ukrainian labour safety regulations, in particular developing sophisticated labour safety policies and procedures, as well bringing global group health and safety policies and procedures in conformity with the Ukrainian labour safety legislation;
- developing provisions of the Ukrainian companies’ constituent documents and other corporate documentation to implement anti-corruption compliance programs at the corporate level;
- developing standard anti-corruption clauses to be included in employment agreements (contracts), job descriptions and other internal documents of Ukrainian companies to implement anti-corruption compliance programs at the employment level;
- developing personal data protection and anti-corruption clauses to be included in third party contracts and negotiating such clauses with third parties;
- advising on various aspects of the FCPA/UKBA/Ukrainian anti-corruption laws based third party anti-corruption compliance due diligence, including developing interview scenario and questionnaires tailored to the specifics of the client’s business, best practices and focused, in particular, on meeting the standards of the U.S. Department of Justice, Securities and Exchange Commission and other relevant regulatory authorities;
- labour/employment law compliance audits;
- due diligence reviews of employment law liabilities in corporate acquisitions;
- litigation and other dispute settlement, including employment mediation.
Sayenko Kharenko advises an impressive pool of international clients on the Ukrainian labour/employment law issues and compliance matters (including Aker Yards, Commerzbank, Ferrexpo, Filasa International, Greif, HSBC, Lafarge, Morgan Stanley, Philip Morris Ukraine, Piraeus Bank, Platinum Bank, Reckitt Benckiser, Société Générale S.A., TUI Travel PLC, UBS, UniCredit Group, Visa, and Western Union).
Please visit our labour/employment, privacy/data protection and anti-corruption/anti-bribery pages for specific information about these practice groups.
You may download our Labour & Compliance Brochure for information about our recent labour/employment, privacy/data protection and anti-corruption/anti-bribery projects.
For the yearly updates on the developments and policy trends in the Ukrainian labour/employment law and privacy/data protection legislation, please download The Employment Law Review, for which we exclusively annually contribute a Ukraine chapter.
For the yearly updates on the developments and policy trends in the Ukrainian anti-corruption/anti-bribery legislation, please download Global Legal Insights - Bribery and Corruption, for which we exclusively annually write a Ukraine chapter.