Sayenko Kharenko handles the full spectrum of energy-related transactions and issues.
- M&A transactions (acquisition and sale of oil & gas, electricity distribution and energy generation companies)
- Exploration and production (leases and production-sharing agreements, joint operating agreements)
- Licensing and ownership rights
- Construction of power plants
- Regulatory and compliance issues
- Finance matters
- Merger clearances and other aspects of competition law
- Litigation and international arbitration
Renewable energy focus
The need to diversify energy resources and to decrease Ukraine’s dependency on energy imports has driven the development of the alternative energy sector in Ukraine. In the past few years, we have advised a number of foreign investors on the legal nuances and local practicalities of investments into Ukraine’s renewable energy sector. This has included, inter alia, the application of “green tariffs” and other tax incentives, licensing and regulatory issues, financing of wind energy, solar energy, and waste-to-energy projects.
State and private energy, oil and gas companies, leading financial and multilateral institutions, commercial and investment banks, and potential foreign investors all rely on our deep understanding of complexities and implications of the global trends the sector is facing. Our roster of industry-leading clients includes Alter Energy Group, Burisma, Cadogan Petroleum, Contour Global, DTEK, Eco Energy Scandinavia, Energoatom, Euratom, JKX Oil & Gas, Mercuria Energy Group, MND Exploration and Production, Naftogaz, Regal Petroleum, Ukrtransnafta, and others.