Sayenko Kharenko maintains a leadership position at the forefront of regulatory reforms, contributes where possible, to the improvement of key legislation, and evaluates how Ukraine’s policy and strategy can affect the business performance of our clients. It is our belief that by establishing a systematic approach to regulatory risk management and government relations, companies can drive business performance improvement.
Our GR practice offers clients the following services:
- Drafting new legislation and assisting in developing, commenting and evaluating laws from a business prospective
- Building a dialogue with local, regional and central government authorities
- Monitoring and analysing legislative and regulatory activity
- Assessing regulatory & compliance impact
- Acting for clients on privatizations of state-owned companies
- Providing business-savvy policy guidance and legislative advocacy
- Assisting clients in heavily regulated industries with long-range strategic planning
- Providing crisis communications and media outreach services
Our attorneys participate in working groups established by the Ukrainian Parliament, the Administration of the President of Ukraine, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the National Bank of Ukraine, state regulatory authorities, state executive authorities with special status, business and industry associations, international donors, NGOs, and embassies focused on reviewing existing legislation and developing new laws and regulations.
While our GR practice covers virtually all industries, it has particular expertise in:
We also help clients engage with multilateral institutions such as the EBRD, IFC, World Trade Organization and World Bank, among others.