Sayenko Kharenko stellar international trade team has the following competitive advantages:
- SK’s excellent reputation in the field of international trade is evidenced by our top position in numerous rankings (#1 international trade team in Ukraine for ten years in a row (Ukrainian Law Firms 2012-2021), The Legal 500, Client Choice, Who’s Who, Best Lawyers International etc.)
- 150+ trade compliance projects (related to sanctions, export control, tariff and non-tariff requirements, product safety etc.) to date
- 50+ trade defence proceedings in Ukraine and abroad to date
Experience in all types of trade defence remedies (anti-dumping, safeguard, and anti-subsidy).
Representing clients not only in the course of basic trade defence investigations but also in sunset and interim reviews as well as anti-circumvention investigations.
Strong legal expertise combined with sophisticated economic substantiation, including dumping margin calculation employing advance methodologies as well as making all necessary economic analysis of data to be submitted in the course of investigations and reviews.
Representing both domestic producers protecting the Ukrainian market and foreign producers trying to gain an individual approach in the course of proceedings, customers, importers, associations.
Appearing before the Ukrainian courts if the relevant decisions are challenged.
Our lawyers have been actively engaged in drafting new Ukrainian legislation in the field of trade defence remedies to be brought in full compliance with advanced WTO approaches:
- 10+ WTO settlement procedures. Appearing in the course of WTO dispute settlement procedure. This experience is unique for Ukraine as no other Ukrainian law firms have ever participated in the WTO trade defence proceedings
- Participating in a dispute between Ukraine and the EU over timber export ban. One of our lawyers is a former MERT employee who directly handled this dispute