Our public sector group includes lawyers from the antitrust, banking & finance, GR, corporate and M&A practices.
To address various issues which arise in the course of the implementation of projects in this area, our public sector group includes lawyers from the antitrust, banking & finance, GR, corporate and M&A practices, as well as attorneys with inter-discipline expertise in the PPP projects, privatization and utilities sectors.
We advise public sector organisations, companies bidding and doing business with them, and financial institutions on a variety of legal and commercial issues:
- Public procurement and state aid
- Anti-corruption issues
- Public sector financing (including under state guarantees), which is complicated by sovereign immunity issues and limitations on enforcement of security
- Drafting and interpreting legislation
- Joint ventures, PPP and infrastructure projects
- Privatization and M&A transactions involving state-owned companies
- International arbitration and litigation
Strong working relationships with regulators
We enjoy strong working relationships with the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine, the National Bank of Ukraine, the National Securities and Stock Market Commission of Ukraine, the State Property Fund and other regulators, which allows us to offer our clients valuable insight into their regulations and practice.
Sayenko Kharenko has acted on the largest transactions involving the State of Ukraine, the cities of Kyiv, Donetsk, Kharkiv and Odesa, the State Property Fund of Ukraine as shareholder of Kryvorizhstal and KGOKOR, the State Railway Service, the State Road Administration, Naftogaz, Ukrtransnafta, Ukrtelecom, the State Export-Import Bank of Ukraine, the State Savings Bank of Ukraine, and many more.