Ukraine has imposed personal special economic and other restrictive measures towards persons related to unlawful actions against Nadiia Savchenko, Oleh Sentsov and Oleksandr Kolchenko
The official website of the President of Ukraine has published the text of Decree №121/2016 dated 29 March 2016 implementing the decision of the National Defense and Security Council of Ukraine dated 25 March 2016 on imposing special economic and other restrictive measures (sanctions) of personal nature for an indefinite period of time towards persons related to unlawful actions against Nadiia Savchenko, Oleg Sentsov and Oleksandr Kolchenko.
The personal sanctions have been imposed on 84 individuals. The different types of sanctions are applied to different individuals, including freezing assets, prevention of capital outflow, refusal in visa granting and visa annulment, etc.
Among the sanctioned individuals are:
- Natalia Poklonskaya, “prosecutor” of the temporarily occupied Republic of Crimea;
- Valerii Bolotov, former leader of the illegal armed force Luhansk People’s Republic;
- Ihor Plotnitskyi, leader of the illegal armed force Luhansk People’s Republic;
- Leonid Stepanenko, a judge in Savchenko’s case;
- Ali Khaibulaiev, a judge in Savchenko’s case;
- Evheniia Chernysh, a judge in Savchenko’s case;
- Viktor Grin, Deputy Prosecutor General of the Russian Federation.
The complete list of sanctioned individuals (available in Ukrainian) can be found here.
Please let us know if you need the translation of the list or clarification whether a specific person is in the list.
Should you need more information on sanctions and their implementation please contact Tatyana Slipachuk
or Alina Plyushch.