According to the newly launched Chambers Europe rankings for 2021, Sayenko Kharenko is among the leaders in the Ukrainian market by the number of practices top-ranked and ranked. In particular, the rating recommends Sayenko Kharenko for Banking & Finance, Competition/Antitrust, and Restructuring/Insolvency in the highest Band 1 and ranks 11 out of 12 the firm’s practices researched in 2021.
Moreover, 14 of Sayenko Kharenko’s lawyers achieved 18 individual recognitions. Specifically, the guide recommends:
- Partner Nazar Chernyavsky in Banking & Finance and Restructuring/Insolvency. The guide describes Nazar as “an established finance lawyer, highly regarded for advising a range of domestic and international clients on debt restructuring mandates and one of the leading practitioners in the market, with vast experience in complex financing work” and adds that “he is also recognised for his track record in handling capital markets instructions.”
- Partner Olexander Droug in Dispute Resolution: International in Ukraine. The guide notes that “Olexander advances in the rankings as a result of positive feedback and increasing visibility.”
- Partner Valentyna Hvozd for Competition/Antitrust. “She gives practical advice on how to comply with the law and with the requests from the authority,”a client says, adding that she provides “creative commercial solutions.” Clients also describe her as “very approachable and user-friendly.”
- Partner Anton Korobeynikov in Banking & Finance and Restructuring/Insolvency. A source describes him as “technically sound, incredibly creative and always responsive.” Another client highlights his responsiveness, adding: “I found him extremely useful.”
- Partner Igor Lozenko in Banking & Finance and Restructuring/Insolvency. A source says: “He sees the overall bigger picture and the commercial purpose of the transaction. He is commercial and gives very practical advice.”
- Partner Svitlana Musienko in Tax. The guide comments that “Svitlana moves up in the rankings on the strength of a formidable caseload.”
- Partner Maksym Nazarenko for Competition/Antitrust. Sources describe him as “highly practical and commercial”as well as “very good at adopting a pragmatic approach.” The guide also adds that “he has significant experience in advising clients on alleged abuse of dominance cases as well as merger control matters.”
- Partner Oleksandr Nikolaichyk for Corporate/M&A. He is praised for his “very strong negotiation skills,” while another client adds that “he is very pragmatic and results-focused.”
- Partner Yaroslav Ognevyuk for Intellectual Property. Sources praise his scope as a practitioner, one referring to his “good strategy in cases.”
- Partner Vladimir Sayenko in Competition/Antitrust and Corporate/M&A. A client notes his experience in structuring deals, adding that he is “fast and able to advise on very complex matters.”
- Partner Sergiy Smirnov for Dispute Resolution: White-Collar Crime. Sources highlight his “good understanding of WCC” and say: “He knows how to work with authorities from a WCC perspective.”
- Partner Evgeniy Solodko for Dispute Resolution: White-Collar Crime. Sources describe him as “a leader in this field”who delivers “results which are tangible.”
- Counsel Maryna Hritsyshyna in Energy & Natural Resources. The guide says that “Maryna is well known for her activity in the renewables sector, particularly in relation to wind projects, advising on project development. She also assists clients with regulatory matters.”
- Counsel Svitlana Kheda in Employment. She is described by sources as “very responsive, commercial and very good technically.”
Chambers Europe ranks the leading lawyers and law firms across Europe. Its legal rankings are based on in-depth analysis and research, conducted by the guide’s experienced team of researchers.
The Europe guide covers practice areas in over 52 jurisdictions and three regions, including Europe-wide, CEE-wide and Baltic-wide. In the largest jurisdictions, the rating covers up to 30 different practice areas, whereas others centre on a General Business Law table with relevant subsections to highlight specialisms.