Sayenko Kharenko is among the top two law firms in Ukraine according to the Chambers Europe 2023
According to the newly launched Chambers Europe rankings for 2023, Sayenko Kharenko is among the leaders in the Ukrainian market by the number of ranked practices and lawyers.
The firm has been spotlighted for its expertise in five areas of law, including Competition/Antitrust, Corporate/M&A, Dispute Resolution, Employment, and Intellectual Property.
Moreover, eight of Sayenko Kharenko’s lawyers achieved nine individual recognitions. These results place Sayenko Kharenko among the top two law firms in Ukraine based on the number of professionals recognised. Specifically, the guide spotlights:
- Partner Maksym Nazarenko for Competition/Antitrust. The guide claims he has significant expertise advising clients on merger control matters. In addition, Maksym acts on alleged abuse of dominance cases, as well as appeals against AMCU decisions.
- Partner Valentyna Hvozd for Competition/Antitrust. The guide comments that Valentyna Hvozd advises domestic and international clients on merger control notifications.
- Partner Vladimir Sayenko for Competition/Antitrust and Corporate/M&A. The sources highlight his experience in advising on a range of share and asset transactions as well as joint ventures.
- Partner Oleksandr Nikolaichyk for Corporate/M&A. The guide says he regularly advises clients from various industries on M&A transactions, joint ventures, and corporate governance matters.
- Partner Yaroslav Ognevyuk for Intellectual Property. He is described by sources as an experienced IP lawyer who handles contentious IP cases as well as anti-counterfeiting matters.
- Partner Olexander Droug for Dispute Resolution. The guide mentions that he regularly advises on international arbitration mandates, including investment arbitration matters, and works on cross-border litigation.
- Counsel Oleksiy Koltok for Dispute Resolution. The guide claims he regularly represents domestic and international clients in proceedings in local courts.
- Counsel Svitlana Kheda for Employment. Sources mark that she acts for multinational corporate entities on all aspects of employment law, focusing on dismissals and advice on compliance with Ukrainian legislation.
Chambers Europe ranks the leading lawyers and law firms across Europe. Its legal rankings are based on in-depth analysis and research conducted by the guide’s experienced researchers.
Due to the ongoing war in Ukraine, Chambers Europe recognised that their traditional research methods was inappropriate. Therefore, the editorial team decided to use Spotlight rankings for firms and individuals already included in previous editions of the guide and focused on their pro-bono efforts. Chambers Europe didn’t rank: Banking and Finance, Energy, Real Estate, Tax, Restructuring and Insolvency, Dispute resolution: White-collar crime.