Maksym Nazarenko focuses on antitrust and competition matters.
Mr Nazarenko has extensive experience in antitrust law issues related to multinational and domestic M&A and joint ventures, including merger and ancillary restrictions clearances with the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine. He regularly advises clients on a wide variety of antitrust law matters involving merger control, concerted practices in agreements, cases on cartels, abuse of dominance, and unfair competition.
Maksym regularly acts for clients in the agriculture, automotive, banking, chemicals, electronics, FMCG, food & beverage, heavy machinery, insurance, IT, pharmaceuticals, retail, shipping, tobacco, and transportation sectors.
Before joining Sayenko Kharenko, Maksym Nazarenko worked for the leading Ukrainian and international law firms.
His recent experience includes advising:
- INEOS and BP on the acquisition of BP’s global aromatics and acetyls business (USD 5 billion)
- CDPQ and Warburg Pincus on the acquisition of Allied Universal (USD 2 billion)
- Volkswagen AG and Ford Motor Company on the establishment of Argo AI joint venture (more than USD 7 billion);
- CPPIB on the acquisition of Pattern Energy Group (USD 1 billion)
- ADM, Bunge, Cargill, COFCO, Louis Dreyfus Company and Glencore Agriculture on the establishment of Covantis joint venture; AB InBev on its acquisition of SABMiller (USD 103 billion)
- DuPont on its merger with DOW Chemicals (USD 130 billion)
- Maersk Line on the acquisition of Hamburg Süd (EUR 3.7 billion)